![]() |
| All ready to cast on! |
Now.. onto "Operation Narnia"! What the heck is it? Well, after a conversation over on Twitter a couple of weeks back, I've decided to start a year long project where I will be revamping my wardrobe... but with pieces of clothing I have made! There will probably be a few bought items snuck in there as well (gotta love Op Shop browsing!), but between now and the end of August 2014, I will be learning to knit things I have never tried before... like socks, skirts, tops etc, and hopefully conquering my fear of my sewing machine! I've wanted to learn to sew properly for a long time, and have made several attempts... but so far have only managed to make a few hammocks for the rats, and one sweatshirt for Mr5 who was still a baby at the time it was made. Rats and babies don't care about wonky lines! But I do... so time to bite the bullet, borrow every sewing book there is in the library and read every sewing blog I can find, so that I can start creating lovely new clothes for me (and hopefully even a few for the boys too). To be honest... I think I'm actually more excited about the whole sewing thing than the knitting! Lol!
I really can't wait to get working on this big project, and I'm very much looking forward to both learning new skills and recreating my "look". Kinda getting sick of just jeans and t-shirts! That was fine for the depression days, but I need something new and fresh for the new me! Adventures into the unknown... that's what this blog is going to be all about!

No comments:
Post a Comment